Aris Allen Women's Black Plaid Mary Jane Wedge - CLEARANCE
- Aris Allen Women's Black Plaid Wedge Heeled Mary Jane features a Suede Sole and retro styling.
- Flexible Suede-Bottom Sole and removeable insole.
- Women's Dance Shoe.
- Very, very light - almost to the point of seeming like Summer-wear.
- Discount price because of possible faulty buttons!
- These are insanely cute.
- The sole is flexible to help you feel the floor. These look fabulous with anything; pants or skirts.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 211-BK
It's rare, but we have found that sometimes the buttons come off. Because of this we've discounted this model substantially just in case you have to pay a cobbler to repair it. Because we have posted this warning we will not replace these with a new pair if there is a button problem of any kind.
The molded foam insole is nice and soft and is removeable so you could easily add your orthotics if you wanted.
We've found - by trying these on countless dancers - that our test subjects either wore their normal size or needed a half size smaller than their normal size. So if you normally wear a 7 you might fit a 7 or 6.5. If you normally wear a 9.5 you might want to purchase a 9, etc.
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with Suede Soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the "mirror finish" they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they get wet in the rain they won't spin very easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).