Aris Allen Women's Black Faux Lizard Oxford Dance Shoes with Ribbon Laces - fits Wide
- These very wide comfy dance shoes are an exact copy of a 1934 Swing-Era Oxford shoe and have a raw leather sole.
- The footbed is made from soft foam and they also come with an extra insole that’s made from thick foam so you can custom fit them to your feet.
- Fitting: These are very roomy even with the extra-thick insole in them. They are made for wider-than-average to wide-width feet. (See below for sizing tips).
- It looks like a high heel but, depending on the size, the heels only measure between 2.5” and 2.7” at the back. During testing by dancers so many women said “I don’t wear heels!” then, when we talked them into trying them, came back off the dance floor muttering about how they were in love with them and how they didn’t feel as high as they looked.
- The gorgeous design on these is from a tiny tiny picture in a thirties catalog.
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 469-BK
The heels are approximately 2.6 inches (6.6 cm) tall and the base of the heel is 1.1” inch (2.8 cm) wide.
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
These fit Wide. They are ultra-roomy.
Because of the extra insoles, the adjustability of the laces, and the roominess of the construction most of our test dancers wore their normal size.
For example - based on trying these on dozens of women - most of whom had wide or average-to-wide feet:
- If you always wear a 9, but sometimes you can wear an 8.5; you'll probably want a 9.
- If you always wear a 7.5 but sometimes wear an 8; you’ll probably want a 7.5.
Note About Wide Feet:
Most of the test dancers that wanted to wear this style had wide (or at least slightly wide) feet. When we asked their size they ALL said something like: “I wear an 8 but sometimes an 8.5”. Or “a 7.5 but sometimes an 8”, etc. Not one said a size but sometimes a smaller size. And every one of them fit into the size they usually fit - not the half size up they sometimes had to wear. These are beautifully roomy.
- Narrow width: unhappy
- Average width: OK if wide-ish
- Wide width: ultra-happy
ABOUT THE LEATHER SOLES:
These are made with raw leather soles which, just like suede soles, are wonderful to dance on but are “faster” than suede-soled dance shoes. They will make you "find your center" more quickly than suede or rubber-soled shoes.