Aris Allen Men's Black and White Retro Runner Dance Sneaker
- This running shoe style features a suede sole.
- Flexible sole. Light as a feather (not kidding!).
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 377-BW
- Because of its light weight and suede sole you will be sure-footed on the dance floor while still being able to slide and spin. So now you can still wear sneakers without endangering your knees by dancing on rubber soles.
- The foam insole is removable which means that you can get a custom fit by replacing the insole (or add arch support, orthotics, etc.) or just wear them as is.
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
We find that these run true to size. So order your usual men's dress shoe size. They're very squishy inside so they usually fit most people. Wide width? Best to wear 1/2 size larger.
- Because this style has a shoelace closure - you can customize the width by loosening or tightening them - so it works with most widths.
- These come in whole sizes and, because they're converted from European sizing, are also made in a few half sizes - check the dropdown to see what half sizes are available.
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with Suede Soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the “mirror finish” they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they are wet from walking in the rain they won't spin as easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).