Aris Allen Men's White Dance Loafers
- These are classic dress loafers with raw leather soles for dancing. While you can dance just about anything in loafers, this style is favored by Balboa dancers.
- They feature a Raw Leather Sole and Heel with a rubber layer in the middle of the heel for extra shock absorption.
- The footbed is lined with foam so it's much more comfortable and supportive than most ordinary dance shoes.
- Designed for the intermediate / advanced dancer - Also great as a second pair for beginners since the “fastness” of the sole forces you to “find your center” immediately.
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 8157-WH
This style is a copy of an expensive dress loafer. As such, it does not have the usual ultra-flexible Aris Allen dance sole. It was developed because of requests for shoes with thicker soles. The sole has the same thickness you'll find on ordinary dress shoes which means there will be a break-in period before they feel ultra-comfy.
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
We find that these run true to size for normal feet, a half size small on Wide width (and not good for narrow feet because this style is basically a moccasin - or “Moc Toe” - it's rounded and evenly roomy around the vamp and toe).
Most men know which two sizes they fit best (like 10 & 10.5 or 8.5 & 9). To figure out which size you'll fit in these:
- Narrow width = these are medium width loafers and, because they have no shoelaces to adjust, will probably prove difficult to fit on narrow feet.
- Average width = most fit the larger of the two sizes they usually fit (if you fit size 10-10.5 you'll most likely fit a 10.5).
- Wide width = you'll probably fit one half size larger than the largest size you usually fit (if you fit size 10-10.5 you'll most likely fit a 10.5 or an 11).
ABOUT THE ARIS ALLEN RAW SOLE:
- The Aris Allen Raw Sole is made from hard leather that gets “faster” over time by repeatedly absorbing the natural humidity in the air (especially at a dance) and drying.
- The bottom of the sole and heel is made from sanded hard leather and after a few hours of wear they become “raw” on the bottom and perform a lot like Chrome Leather (suede) which allows you to spin and slide, and still control the floor.
- If you find the sole has picked up dirt from the floor and is slowing down, just shuffle your feet on the sidewalk once or twice to refresh it.