Aris Allen Men's Black Classic Canvas Dance Sneaker
- These are a dance version of the classic sports sneaker of the last century and have a suede-bottom sole.
- Yes - your favorite canvas sneaker is now your favorite pair of dance shoes! This casual dance shoe looks great with everything.
- Made with flexible suede-bottom soles (chrome leather) and a soft foam footbed - these are perfect for dancers of all skill levels.
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 209M-BK
- Now you can dance in sneakers without the knee-injuring potential that spinning on rubber soles carries.
- The footbed is removable so you can add your own or wear them with orthotics.
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
We find that these run true to size. So order your usual men's dress shoe size or a half size larger than normal.
- Narrow or Average Width Feet: happy
- Wide Width: not happy
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with suede soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the “mirror finish” they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they are wet from walking in the rain they won't spin as easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).